What do you do when your child is in a foreign country were there is political unrest? You pray a lot.
There has been a coup in Honduras and we have heard nothing from Jared. I am not panicking, but I am worried. Jared has to use an internet cafe to email home. There has been a curfew imposed and that has probably affected his ability to email us. If the situation becomes truly dangerous, he will be pulled out. The church is in constant contact with the leadership in the country to monitor the situation.
Several things have been happening on the international front and in the country there have been protest. I am sure that the missionaries have been pulled from proselyting. Jon checked an the State Department has not issue a warning.
It is interesting, yesterday Jon was panicking while I was calm. I had been a little panicked, when there was the earthquake. Maybe because with this there is warning, with a natural disaster there is none.
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You have lots of people worrying along with you.
Post a Comment