This morning I started working on my Aeolian shawl again, when I realized that I was not having fun. Was it still a technical challenge? Yes. Did I want the shawl enough to stick it out? No. You just need to know sometimes when you just need to leave something behind.
Pixie Dust has been put away, possible permanently. Do I feel guilty, no. Will it never make another appearance? I don't know. All I know is I am not in love with it enough to stick it out.
I knit to relax and enjoy myself. I have other projects that I want to do right now. I am going to be working on the projects that truly appeal to me and are relaxing. For me right now, it is smaller projects. This is my summer to relax and recharge and if it is the summer of socks, well my feet will be stylishly clad this winter.
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Shoot. That would have been so pretty. At the rate things are going I may be the only one to finish one of these durned things. And mine is that sickly purple color. I really loved that bead and yarn combo. Maybe it could be something else?
I am definitely thinking of putting it into another project. Probably one that is simpler and smaller. I think that this may have been a too involved project for many.
Post a Comment