My interview for a new teaching position went really well. It seems that I have the right qualifications and qualities. I answered some of the questions before they were asked. I think that the interviewer was impressed that I am already familiar with the new TEKS. We also talked about some instructional units that I have planned.
I brought up my desire to sponsor a newspaper and yearbook and that excited her. They had been talking about doing a newsletter and thinking that a newspaper would be in the future. I think I impressed them with my experience in the AP program and in GT.
The school will start next year with only four core teachers, so I would be the English teacher. That would be interesting, exciting and scary. They will be using a lot of technology and that would be great. I would even have a good quality video camera so I could have students create documentaries, etc.
This would be a great opportunity.
Tonight a big storm passed through. There was an incredible amount of lightning. At one point Ron thought he heard a tornado and we got ready to go into the closet for safety. Luckily no tornado. Moriahs lights are out, so she has the worst of family members.
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
This sounds like a great opportunity. I am really excited about it.
Yeah, that storm was BAD. We hid in our safe room for a while. I even heard a tornado siren!
Post a Comment