Thursday, July 2, 2009

Good Job News

I am now a teacher at Gateway High School. Yeeeeaaaaaa!!!!!! Yesterday I had a second interview and they called today with the job offer. This is a brand new charter school in Georgetown and will be opening in August.

I swore in the past that I would not open another school, but this looks to good to pass up. I was ready to move on from teaching at the ninth grade center and this is just the opportunity. It is very energizing to know that I will really be building a new tradition. I am the only English teacher this first year, I don't know about next year. I am looking forward to developing the curriculum for English I and II. There will be a lot of responsibility, but I am up for it.

We haven't heard anything from Jared this week. I did contact the missionary department at church headquarters yesterday. They assured me that Jared was being well taken care of. Hopefully he will be able to email us next Monday. I would like to hear from him.

1 comment:

John Francis said...

YEAH! I'm so excited that you got the job. That must be a huge relief to you!

I did say a prayer for Jared too.

See you at the knitting group soon!

jf