Today is my Dad's 72 birthday. We always get together and have a meal for birthdays and his is no exception. I was taking my food into the house, when I saw my brother-in-law Tommy sitting on the couch.
I asked was he lost or had he made the wrong turn at Batson (a small town close to their house). When I went on into the kitchen and set down the food, my sister, Robbi, came out of the garage. We both screamed and hugged each other. She came home from Iraq for my Dad's birthday. I hugged her so hard. It was great to see her.
I miss Robbi. It is interesting how the same sibling you fought with as a child is so precious when you are an adult. She will be here through Wednesday and I look forward to spending time with her. I will probably be over at my Dad's for most of the next two days.
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment