Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I'm back

This is for Suna. I have been ignoring my blog and so here is a new one.

"A child cannot be taught by anyone who despises him " - James Baldwin

How true this is. It is funny how every student who has problems starts with "You must hate me." Well I may not be charmed be your behavior or attitude, but I am willing to teach you. Being a teacher is way to much stress to work with people you don't like.

I have been disappointed by students who have the I can't do this or even the I won't do that. Teaching is an act of love. As a teacher, I can't say I love all my students. I try to find the something that makes each student unique.

1 comment:

Suna Kendall said...

See, that wasn't so bad. You can share thoughts about all sorts of topics here, honest. And I agree with the quote.